Travel to Ballaghaderreen
For those entering Ireland, the passport and visa requirements are:
- Passport: For U.S. citizens, information may be obtained from U.S. Department of State at http://travel.state.gov/passport
New U.S. passport applications must be made in person using Form DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport at many local U.S. Post Offices, some AAA offices or local County offices
Qualified passport renewals may be made by mail
- VISA: Citizens of most countries, including the U.S., do not need an Ireland entry Visa. Check www.irishabroad.com for Irelands Visa entry requirements
- Currency Conversion Rate (updated daily)
For more conversion rate information, click
- Currency exchange locations may be located at www.travelex.com/stores/
- Airline flights to Dublin or Shannon airports are via Aer Lingus Airlines and Delta Airlines (from US) or Ryan Airlines (from England).
- Rental cars are available at these airports.
- From Dublin Airport Bus Aireann is available to the Busaras Central Bus Station in downtown Dublin (last two miles is a scenic trip along north bank of the Liffey River).
- Airline connections to Knock Airport may be found at Knock Ireland West Airport. Rental cars are available at Knock Airport
- Bus travel from Dublin Airport to Ballaghaderreen is by Bus Aireann to its downtown Dublin Busaras Central Bus Station to Ballaghaderreen
- Automobile travel from Dublin to Ballaghaderreen is by traveling west on Highway N4 toward Longford (76 miles) and then via N5. N5 now bypasses Ballaghaderreen. Be watchful for L1244 and turn left to Ballaghaderreen.
- Durkin’s: Information web site is durkins.ie. Email Durkin’s at email@example.com. From outside Ireland call 01 1 353 9498 60305.
- Bookings are via www.booking.com.
- The Durkin Family owned the business since April 1, 1976, initially as The Hot Spot Café/Restaurant.
- The hotel has 15 standard plus 8 deluxe bedrooms. There is a bar and lounge, a dining room seating 60 people and 2 private function rooms. Car parking is at the rear. WiFi is available throughout the building. The premises are disabled friendly with a lift to the upper floors
- Spelman’s Motel is on the Dublin Road.
- Photos may be viewed at www.facebook.com/pages/Spellmans-Motel-Ballaghaderreen.
- Telephone is 01 1 353 9498 6018
- Other nearby accommodations may be located by searching www.booking.com or www.expedia.com
- Durkin’s Bar, Restaurant and Accommodation, The Square
- Fiddlers Elbow, The Square
- The Hatch, The Square
- Spells Bar, Pound Street
- Clarke’s Bar, Pound Street
- Molly’s, Barrack Street
- Carroll’s Bar, Barrack Street
- Meet You Here (Coffee House and Art Gallery), Cathedral Street
- Thomas Mannion, Main Street
- Morelli Restaurant and Take Away Main Street
- Solans Bar, Main Street
- Thomas Creaton, New Street (upper Main Street)
- Club Infinity New Street (upper Main Street)
- Mulligans Hardware and Bar New Street (upper Main Street)
- Suggest you visit our Ballaghaderreen web page for areas of interest within and near Ballaghaderreen
- An easy to read outline map of towns and roads around Ballaghaderreen may be viewed and downloaded at Ballaghaderreen Area Map
- Click Townland and Coach Route Map for a map of townlands and Towey locations within Ballaghaderreen area